WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: looking for a webapp bruteforce video for non-techies

From: "Anthony Cicalla" <anthony.cicalla () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 14:13:32 -0700

http://youtube.com/results?search=related&search_query=Brute%20Force%20Hack%20Brutus%20hacking%20cracking&v=fEGFovLwz9w

Here there are 26 video's on password cracking and the fact that they
are up on youtube for the world to see might add the the impact that
your trying to create.

anthony

On 6/3/08, Robin Wood <dninja () gmail com> wrote:
Hi
Can anyone recommend a video showing how easy it can be to brute force
a web application that I can show to non-technical people. I want
something quick and polite - preferably no leet speak banners or that
type of thing - that I can show to both board level people and just
generally to friends and family who chose bad passwords for web
applications.

I've just been with a client who, after being told a dictionary word
was bad, just put a 3 in instead of an e and thought she was
completely secure. It didn't help that the password was only 5
characters!

Thanks

Robin

Methodologies & Tools for Web Application Security Assessment
With the rapid rise in the number and types of security threats, web application security assessments should be
considered a crucial phase in the development of any web application. What methodology should be followed? What tools
can accelerate the assessment process? Download this Whitepaper today!

https://www.watchfire.com/securearea/whitepapers.aspx?id=70170000000940F

--
Anthony,
CNA,CEH,CISSP,GSNA,MCP,SCTA