WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Pixy - An Open-Source Vulnerability Scanner for PHP Applications

From: pixy-noreply () seclab tuwien ac at
Date: 20 Jun 2007 10:04:01 -0000

The Secure Systems Lab at the Technical University of Vienna has released the newest version of Pixy, an open-source
vulnerability scanner. Here are some of the highlights:

- detection of SQL injection and XSS vulnerabilities in PHP source code

- automatic resolution of file inclusions

- computation of dependence graphs that help you understand the causes of reported vulnerabilities

- static analysis engine (flow-sensitive, interprocedural, context-sensitive)

- platform-independent (written in Java)

Pixy can be downloaded for free from http://pixybox.seclab.tuwien.ac.at/. There, you can also find a web interface that
allows you to test Pixy online. Enjoy!

We would be happy to receive feedback, comments, and other contributions! Please send your suggestions to "pixy-tool at
seclab" (domain see below).

Nenad Jovanovic
Secure Systems Lab
Technical University of Vienna