WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Source code review tools for ColdFusion

From: "Dean H. Saxe" <dean () fullfrontalnerdity com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 15:30:07 -0400

IIRC, Fortify has a CF module that you can use.

If you don't have access to Fortify a couple of quick regexes will give you a lot of insight. The easy ones are looking for unsafe functions, such as preserveSingleQuotes(), the harder ones look for queries which don't use CFQUERYPARAM or unsanitized output. Back in 2003/2004 I wrote a parser in Perl to help automate some of the more boring code review tasks in CF. Unfortunately, the source was left with my previous employer and never released as planned. Was it perfect? Heck no. Did it help catch a lot of bugs that would have otherwise been missed? Absolutely.

-dhs

Dean H. Saxe, CISSP, CEH
dean () fullfrontalnerdity com
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
    -- George Orwell, 1945