WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: White List Proxy ?

From: "Larry C CUMMINGS" <Larry.Cummings () EWEB Eugene OR US>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 11:43:58 -0800

As a "power user" or one more alert to technical and security issues I
would like the  option of overriding the white or black list some way -
at least temporarily.

As someone who has to support somewhat novice users I would want to
restrict their ability to override the list.  A dilemma.

I like the scenario that GWAVA uses for Novel GroupWise email. <
http://www.gwava.com  I am not necessarily recommending this specific
product. > If an item is determined to be spam it gets put in
quarantine.  Every so often an email is delivered to the user with a
list of quarantined emails addressed to them over the last period.   The
list specifies why the email was rejected - SPAM, Content, or because it
is from a known list sender.  The user can choose to release the email
from quarantine or just delete the whole notification.

It would be nice if there was something analogous for what you want.
Would also be nice if different users could be given different rights
levels within the system.

* Larry

On 3/2/2007 at 11:42 AM, "McCarty, Eric C." <emccarty () er ucsd edu>