WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: NTLM Authenthication,

From: Amit Klein <aksecurity () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 00:04:14 +0200

IRM wrote:
Dear all,

On my Web Pen test, I have seen one application that relies on the NTLM
Auth for the authorization. The thing is I have seen many people rely on
the NTLM Authentication to segregate access at the file level but not at
the business logic level.
[...]
Any Thought About this particular design?

Keep in mind the proxy scenario ("NTLM HTTP Authentication is Insecure by Design", http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/405541)

-Amit