WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Instantiating an executable from a web browser.

From: "Colin Bean" <ccbean () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 10:36:26 -0800

Java Web Start?

You'd be able to control access to the JNLP file and the actual
application files with your web based authentication.  Although the
application will be downloaded to the user's machine and cached, the
user won't be allowed to launch the application offline (don't know
off the top of my head if this can be circumvented, but it might be a
good place to start).

hth,
Colin