WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Netscape 8 inherits firefox, explorer vulnerabilities

From: "Benjamin Tomhave" <list-procurare () secureconsulting net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 07:17:08 -0400

The answer to your first question is 'yes' - it does suffer from the
vulnerabilities of the underlying browser engine (firefox or IE).

In terms of patching, a new version was released within the past week that
the browser should have detected and prompted you to download and install.
This new version addresses the firefox engine and possibly some of the
non-engine components, since the IE components would get updated by MS as
part of their normal patch cycle.

---
Benjamin Tomhave, CISSP, IAM, IEM
falcon () secureconsulting net
http://falcon.secureconsulting.net/
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/0/622/964

"We must scrupulously guard the civil rights and civil liberties of all
citizens, whatever their background. We must remember that any oppression,
any injustice, any hatred is a wedge designed to attack our civilization."
-President Franklin Delano Roosevelt