WebApp Sec mailing list archives

XSS caused by Greasemonkey userscript

From: "Martin Johns" <martin.johns () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 15:11:50 +0100

Hello all,

I think we all agree that browser add-ons may lead to additional
vulnerabilities in web apps that would otherwise be secure. I had some
time at my hands and looked into a couple of Greasemonkey userscripts.
I found an example where a userscript introduces new XSS holes in
various web applications. If you are interested, here is a short
writeup: http://shampoo.antville.org/stories/1537256/

Best
Martin

--