WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Administrivia & SF new column announcement: Browsers, phishing, and user interface design

From: Andrew van der Stock <vanderaj () greebo net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 22:34:48 +0200

Hi everyone,

the lists were down for nearly 10 days. Many of the messages from the beginning of the outage have been lost. If your article has not yet appeared, please repost it.

Although I posted that things would be slow whilst I was away, it wasn't all me... I couldn't raise any SF staff during this time, despite having mostly quite good Internet access in Europe. If you are SF staff, please contact me offline.

A new article has appeared on Security Focus today. I only republish those of direct interest to the keen webappsec subscriber. If you want to see all of articles, please subscribe to the SF article RSS feed.

feed://www.securityfocus.com/rss/news.xml

Browsers, phishing, and user interface design
by Scott Granneman
2006-06-05

Phishing works for so many reasons, we need to rethink browser and user interface design to provide some real-life security to the average user who doesn't see or understand the security cues.

http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/405

thanks,
Andrew