WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: [WEB SECURITY] Re: [Owasp-dotnet] Review of Owasp-London Chapter meeting on WAF (Web Application Firewalls)

From: "Darren Webb" <spyder007 () charter net>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 00:09:55 -0500

Dean,

Do you know if he had WebInspect setup correctly?  I believe any tool is
only as good as the user.  I can recall several instances in the company
that I work for of "web assessments" that were nothing more than plugging in
the IP or URL, pushing the big green GO button and printing out the report.
No tool looks good in this light.

Note: I don't work for them but I do use this tool.  Cenzic Hailstorm finds
both Auth Bypass as well as Blind SQL injection on HacmeBank V1 and recently
released V2.

Darren