WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Code snippets to disable browser caching

From: "Dave Ferguson" <gmdavef () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 10:46:12 -0500

If you're generating the page from Java/JSP, add the following code.

<%
response.setHeader("Cache-Control","no-cache");
response.setHeader("Pragma","no-cache");
response.setDateHeader ("Expires", -1);
%>

The meta tag in the html source is not necessarily going to work.  IE5
was notoriously bad about caching pages.  I think IE6 is less
aggressive about it.

-Dave

On 8 May 2006 04:43:31 -0000, smith.norton () gmail com