WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: dictionary of forum style usernames

From: "Robin Wood" <dninja () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 14:16:41 +0100

The brute forcing is through the system login not against the database
so I can use plaintext passwords.

I had thought about going through a few forums and screenscraping
usernames from them but was just wondering if someone had already done
the job, save me a bit of effort.

The system isn't actually a forum, but it is similar and is custom
written so unfortunatly there is no open source code or off the shelf
system for me to get any extra clues from.

Robin