WebApp Sec mailing list archives

XSS/Script Injection on my site -- further details

From: "arian.evans" <arian.evans () anachronic com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 14:46:06 -0500

inline:

-----Original Message-----
From: arian.evans [mailto:arian.evans () anachronic com]
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2006 12:30 PM

Someone in Atlanta on Cox cable is once again giving
my personal site a "free pen test".

I lied. It turns out that while the Cox backbone is out
of ATL, the actual activity originates in Irvine, CA.

I do not want to unnecessarily cast blame on folks in ATL,
as I think we all know who would get blamed there. :)

If this hadn't happened twice before and nuked my server
once, I probably wouldn't care a lot, but this is the
third time you've hit me, and it is rude, unprofessional,
and you've cost me a lot of personal time & email loss
that could have been easily avoided.

I am unwilling to debate the merit of having my IDS
alerts go to my default mail spool; it works quite well
except when I get 40k alerts over an evening.

Anyone on the lists stuck up in or around Rochester,
NY for the next few months, gimme' a shout....

Happy Fridays,

Arian J. Evans
+1.913.378.3571 [mobile]

"See? That was nothing. But that's how it always begins. Very small." -Egg
Shen