WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Web Site Certification

From: Admin Dbtech <admin () dbtech org>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 21:04:53 +0530

Hey,

To be very honest, I believe most of these services are nothing less then a very false sense of security.

In the past I have had many clients who relied on these organizations for their security testing however during penetration testing I successfully compromised these clients either through the web application or with known exploits from the metasploit framework.

Anyone who is involved with security can testify that automated services can NEVER replace a human audit and anyone that says that they guarantee security doesn't know what they are talking about.

Regards,
Yash Kadakia
Senior Security Researcher
Deadbolt Computer Technologies
http://www.dbtech.org

Marco Passarella wrote:
Hi all,
what do you think about the remote services that promise your site to
be "hacker free"?
Can you really monitor remotely the security of a site using a scanner?
Here is an example:
http://www.scanalert.com/

Thanks,
Mark

Watchfire's AppScan is the industry's first and leading web application security testing suite, and the only solution to provide comprehensive remediation tasks at every level of the application. Change the way you think about application security testing - See for yourself. Download a Free Trial of AppScan 6.0 today!

https://www.watchfire.com/securearea/appscansix.aspx?id=701300000007kaF