WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Hacking With The Google Search Engine

From: "Matt Fisher" <mfisher () spidynamics com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:18:20 -0500

http://johnny.ihackstuff.com JL wrote Google Hacking for Penetration
Testers.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Laudanski [mailto:zx () castlecops com]
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2006 2:29 PM
To: bugtraq () securityfocus com; webappsec () securityfocus com
Subject: Hacking With The Google Search Engine

By Darren W. Miller, aka defendingthenet, CastleCops Staff
Writer Jan 14, 2006

Google: Yes, You Can Find Just About Anything

Hackers and security experts use various custom and open
source tools to complete their tasks. In fact, one of the
tools they use you probably use every time you browse the
web, the Google Search Engine.

I remember the first time I used the Google Search Engine
years ago. I was amazed at how quickly it fulfilled my search
request.  Google's huge index of systems / information and
it's ability to perform complex searches have evolved over
the years. When we performed security assessments and
penetration test, we regularly use Google to locate
information that organizations typically want to keep private
and confidential.

Full: http://castlecops.com/article-6466-nested-0-0.html

--
Paul Laudanski, Microsoft MVP Windows-Security [de]
http://de.castlecops.com [en] http://castlecops.com [wiki]

Watchfire's AppScan is the industry's first and leading web
application
security testing suite, and the only solution to provide
comprehensive
remediation tasks at every level of the application. See for
yourself.
Download AppScan 6.0 today.

https://www.watchfire.com/securearea/appscansix.aspx?id=701300
000003Ssh