WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Mambo File Inclusion Attacks

From: Christopher Kunz <chrislist () de-punkt de>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 16:38:19 +0100

Mark Ryan del Moral Talabis schrieb:
We have been receiving multiple attacks directed towards the popular
open source portal and content management system, Mambo. The attacks
makes use of the "mosConfig_absolute_path" file inclusion
vulnerability of certain unpatched versions of the said application.
In this case, a possibly malicious file called "micu" is downloaded in
the process of the attack.

Full analysis:
http://www.philippinehoneynet.org/data.php

I'd say this is fairly old news. We have been seeing these attacks since shortly
after the advisory for the hole. micu is just your standard ddos/backdoor tool
and the kids using it are mostly romanian and from south america.

What worries me more is that we are also seeing a massive increase in
non-application-specific PHP inclusion attacks. Seems like there are several
spiders that just try injecting http://-style URLs into any URI parameter they
see on a given domain.

--ck

--
http://www.de-punkt.de   [ chris () de-punkt de ]    http://www.stormix.de
PHP-Anwendungen sind gefährdet! SQL-Injection, XSS, Session-Angriffe,