WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: AJAX and Web application scanners

From: <thomas.jones () hushmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:26:01 -0500

I think the real question you have to ask is why the performance of
web app scanners is so bad on regular web apps and not worry about
the bleeding edge of AJAX. If they are so bad (and they are, use
Dinis Cruz's Sitegenerator tool with "crapscanner <choice>" if you
want to see for yourself). Pretty reports are no indication of
completenes...

http://owasp.net/forums/thread/428.aspx for Dinis cool tool.

Hi,

          I've been recently going around the web for a couple of
challenges that AJAX faces. One thing that struck me was the web
application scanners. I've seen a few vendors (i don't to mention
any vendor or product name here) products that claim that they have
javascript parsers and support for AJAX driven applications. My
personal experience with these tools is that they could not spare
well against apps that are heavily JavaScript driven and with the
introduction of AJAX based apps it's a case of uncertainity in
choosing the right product (if at all there can be one which can
progress in auditing AJAX applications). Do any of you have any
insights or experinces on these tools against AJAX based apps.

Thanks
Rajesh

Concerned about your privacy? Instantly send FREE secure email, no account required
http://www.hushmail.com/send?l=480

https://www.hushssl.com?l=485