WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: FW: Publication of Vulnerabilities in Vendor Code

From: "Sasha Romanosky" <sasha_romanosky () yahoo com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 16:46:33 -0500

Allen,

As some one else mentioned, CERT/CC is probably your best bet. In fact,
there was a study done (no, really :) that revealed that, in general,
vendors are much more likely to respond  when notified by CERT/CC.

I checked with a colleague regarding the procedures and he responded as
follows:

You can tell him to use the front door - <cert () cert org>.
We even have a high-tech vulnerability reporting form:
http://www.cert.org/reporting/vulnerability_form.txt
and suggest using PGP:
http://www.cert.org/contact_cert/encryptmail.html>
Most of this is here: <http://www.cert.org/contact_cert/>

He also provided a tracking number that you can include in the subject:
VU#242968.

Cheers,
Sasha