WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: SF new article announcement - Malicious Malware: attacking the attackers, part 1

From: Steven Rebello <rebello.steven () googlemail com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 01:45:50 +0000

On 2/1/06, Andrew van der Stock <vanderaj () greebo net> wrote:
[ Please note that although I disapprove of attacking back (as it's
illegal pretty much everywhere - you cannot steal from someone who
stole from you as then you're both thieves in the eyes of the law -
I'm going to approve both of these articles for discussion's sake -
ajv ]

Begin forwarded message:

The following Infocus article was published on SecurityFocus today:

Malicious Malware: attacking the attackers, part 1
by Thorsten Holz and Frederic Raynal
2006-01-31

This article explores measures to attack those malicious attackers
who seek to harm our legitimate systems. The proactive use of
exploits and bot networks that fight other bot networks, along with
social engineering and attacker techniques are all discussed within
an ethical framework. Part one of two.

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1856

Something that had come up some time back.

http://seclists.org/lists/webappsec/2004/Apr-Jun/0039.html