WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Notes from CISSP class with Dr. Eric Cole

From: dreamwvr <dreamwvr () dreamwvr com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:51:17 -0600

>A pre requisite for getting certified as a CISSP is to have at least 4 years >experience in the field of security, in at least one of the domains covered
>in the common body of knowledge.
> >The certification is also non vendor specific, and to say that it is based
>on jargon or 'certain terminology' is pure folly.
>
>\As far as I am concerned, if you have issues with the certification, it
>probably means you haven't got it, or you can't get it.
It is doubtful the censors will allow this to make the list anyways..

IMHO/FWIW the CISSP certification meant well, it really did. However
Iit has noticably it fleshed out into much less than what was intended this
I am sure. Don't get me wrong the 10 domains of knowledge are valid.
However, it is a little offensive for someone with say over a decade plus
of security experience in the domains to find this the only criteria of validation
for some. (Shall I say a false sense of security? ;-)

It makes one want to avoid corps that use this as their exclusive
skill validation tool..

It has become largely like the MCSE paper program..
It has become a little mucky muck ..
It has become a cash cow..
[...]

Best Regards,