WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: [WEB SECURITY] Importing large code piece into Javascript context without SCRIPT SRC=...

From: "Amit Klein (AKsecurity)" <aksecurity () hotpop com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 22:00:08 +0200

On 14 Oct 2005 at 11:14, Jeremiah Grossman wrote:

Oh ok, I see what you've done here now. This is quite clever.

Thanks :-)

You're
basically using the IFRAME URL as a source for receiving JS code,
which you evaluate later when it becomes available. Nice.

Yep, thanks!

In my Phishing w/ Superbait talk, I used a similar technique in
reverse to pass large amounts of data off-domain. 2K blocks at a time.

Yes, but there's some difference: in your paper you use the query part of an IMG to move
data off-domain. You don't face the problem of importing data from off-domain, which is
slightly harder (I think), if you undertake not to use the script tag (with SRC).

-Amit