WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Publishing Web Based Application via ICA protocol

From: Saqib Ali <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:05:37 -0700

Hello WebAppSec gurus,

I have web based application that I would like to further secure by
tunneling it through SecureICA (Citrix) protocol. So basically I will
be publishing the web based application in Internet Explorer on a
Citrix Farm. This will prevent any files to be cached on the user's
local computer.

I application itself requires authentication. But I would like to keep
the connections to the Citrix server anonymous. This way, I can delete
the anonymous user's windows profiles upon logoff, and thus clearing
any cached files and/or cookies.

I am sure other people other people are doing this as well. So I would
like to hear about some experiences using this type of stack to secure
applications. What are some of the issues that I should look out for?

--
In Peace,
Saqib Ali