WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: BBCode [IMG] [/IMG] Tag Vulnerability

From: Paul Laudanski <zx () castlecops com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 00:12:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005, Christopher Kunz wrote:

Or, you could just disallow remote images altogether. It kinda boils down to a
security vs. feature set question...

This is very interesting indeed.  I was originally approaching this
'problem' from a strictly local host perspective (where the website
resides) rather than from a remote attack.

You're reply set me straight on that one.

There ought to be a more creative way to monitor this stuff than just
moving it from GET to POST (and POST in itself is not fool proof).

I'm going to munch on this.

Paul
http://castlecops.com

________ Information from Computer Cops, L.L.C. ________