WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Defeating Citi-Bank Virtual Keyboard Protection

From: "Debasis Mohanty" <debasis () hackingspirits com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 00:11:06 +0530

From: F Lace [mailto:flace9 () gmail com] brazenly wrote:
Citibank login works only in IE anyways, AFAIK.

This is wrong. CitiBank login is plain jsp and it very much work perfectly
in other browsers (Firefox, Opera etc...)  ;-)
In my own testing, Citibank's login worked on Firefox and Opera as well.
CB login link https://www.citibank.co.in/infojsp/login/guestlogin.jsp

the card number field doesnt require you to type through the virtual
keyboard. it is only the IPIN.

Fyi: the VKs can also be used for CC field and it is left upon the user to
decide whether to avail the feature or not. Other than that initially when
CitiBank introduced the concept of VK even the IPIN field was left upon the
user to decide whether to use the VK or the normal keyboard.

I have not tried your PoC, but is it something that can be installed in
the browser or computer system?
Unless that is so, I am not sure what this post really means. Please
clarify.

Hmmmm.....I would have been glad to explain you better if you would have
taken out some time to read the PoC before asking any such queries. Don't
you think it would be pointless to come up with so many queries without
having a background knowledge on the topic. Normally, I don't reply to such
mails however I replied because you posted to this group. I'm sure if you
read the PoC then all your queries will get answered well :)

- D