WebApp Sec mailing list archives

New book from Howard, LeBlanc, and Viega

From: Andrew van der Stock <vanderaj () greebo net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 00:03:13 +1000

Hi there,

Something new from the authors of Writing Secure Code is always
welcome. I've just read Michael's blog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/michael_howard/archive/2005/07/11/437875.aspx

From my perspective as the current lead of the OWASP Guide 2.0, good
on them. :) Particularly, I'm happy to see Microsoft publish a book
that deals with outside technologies and not just Win32 and .Net.

In a strange turn of coincidence, the chapter structure seems to
eerily mirror the format I've been putting the Guide in since last
December (which itself mirrors the Top 10's successful format),
although they have added a few extensions (such as how to test the
fix in testing, which is something I've generally left alone). Great
minds think alike :)

Good work, Michael, David, and John!

thanks,
Andrew