WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Server's host key & pscp.exe trouble

From: Bénoni MARTIN <Benoni.MARTIN () libertis ga>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 17:16:54 +0100

Hi list !

I am getting dialy log files from a remote machine (web server) into my local database. To do this, I wrote an SQL
script using pscp.exe to get the files, using the following command-line:

        C:\pscp.exe -batch -sftp -C -2 -v -pw ***** user_X@111.111.111.111:' + @my_remote_file + ' ' + @my_local_path

Whatever I do, I always have the following error message: "The server's host key is not cached in the registry ...
Connection abandoned.". So I cannot get the file.

I did this operation manually through cmd to check my syntax, I was asked whether to store the remote key or not (I
agreed), and then my file was transferred succesfully. I tried one again after this, and I was not asked any more for
caching the key. Great. But when I try to start again my SQL script, the same trouble with the key happends.

Maybe the solution would be to add manually the pscp's key in the registry, anyone did this before ?

Any other hint ? I'm lost :(