WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Double Slashes

From: "Auri Rahimzadeh" <Auri () auri net>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 09:30:49 -0500

You could also try a few other techniques, especially if URLScan or some similar URL monitor isn't running (altho you
*should* have one running!):

* Escaping the // as %2F%2F
* Using something other than backslashes to signify a path, list separator, etc. (such as using | or ~~ or something
that isn't used for filepaths)

Best,

-Auri
 Author
 Geek My Ride (available at Amazon and most bookstores!)
 www.GeekMyRide.net

From: "Andres Molinetti" <andymolinetti () hotmail com>
Date:  Thu, 04 Aug 2005 14:20:31 +0000

This IIS has no URLScan running. That's the odd thing. Therefore I think it
may have been a patch or something.

What I need is a way that the server doesn't strip my slashes and let me
send an url like this "www.example.com/dir//page.asp".

Any ideas?