WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Watchfire Free Tools

From: Saqib Ali <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 22:40:24 -0700

well i am not even sure if watchfire wanted to prevent against
leeching attacks. Maybe they wanted to allow people to d/l the
application if they had the direct links.

for e.g. Amazon's "Look Inside" feature uses static links. The links
do not expire. So essentially if I can get links (which are static) to
all the scanned images of the pages, I can read the whole book online.
It is not because Amazon doesn't know how to automatically expire
links, it is just that they wanted to give people the ability to go
back and view the scanned images of the pages, at a later time, at
their leisure.

The irony of companies that "play" at security and can't even
protect their own sites from the same attacks they claim to protect
others from. And please, no BS excuses, there is no download
withour registering !

http://download.watchfire.com/powertools/Watchfire_PowerTools_1.0.33
_setup.exe

--