WebApp Sec mailing list archives

SV: suggesting passwds to users

From: Fredrik Hesse <fredrik.hesse () nexus se>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:21:04 +0200

I suggest y'all have a look at the FIPS-181 standard
http://www.itl.nist.gov/fipspubs/fip181.htm
It's an algorithm for generating random _pronounceable_ passwords,
sort of the best of two worlds...
Download and read the standard, if I'm not totally off, it even
has a sample implementation by none other than Mr. Schneier.

Regards
Fredr!k