WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Dropping connection instead of returning 400

From: "Matt Fisher" <mfisher () spidynamics com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:16:05 -0400

Sounds like a good idea to me, but of course what are the dependencies
on returning a proper 400 ?  Could break things down the road.

Instead of sending a RST, may want to consider just dropping the
connection altogether as well.  I'm a big fan of just hanging the
connect, instead of resetting . Just adds another layer of pain
(althought admittedly slight)  to whomever's perputrating the fraud.