WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Welcome from your new moderator :)

From: "Andrew van der Stock" <vanderaj () greebo net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:43:10 +1000 (EST)

Hi there,

Welcome back to the webappsec list. My aim is to revitalize the list and
encourage and participate in discussions on all things webappsec
orientated.

As Alfred has kindly noted, I am the OWASP Guide 2.0 lead dude at the
moment (just one of many!). You can bet I will be posting about that
later. :)

To kick things off, I'd really like to hear about any research or major
findings you've made recently.

To make life easy for everyone, I will stick to the following guidelines:

* I will let pretty much anything webappsec related through
* If you have written an article, book, review, or similar, love to hear
about it.
* If you have released a tool which makes life easier for webappsec people
and it's open source or free to download without giving up privacy, then
it will be announced
* If you have a web app sec related meeting coming up, no problems - but
only one announcement per meeting.
* Unpublished vulnerabilities probably best belong on bugtraq rather than
here, but if you're demonstrating a new technique, that'll be okay. I'll
look at these on a case by case basis.

Typically, the higher the webappsec signal, the more likely the post will
get through.

Things which will not make it to the list:

* Spam
* Most HTML mails, and all HTML only e-mails. Please submit in plain text
only
* Attachments are verboten. There are plenty of places on the net to stash
things
* "Me too", "out of office" and "unsubscribe" posts
* Virulent personal attacks on other members or anything approaching that
sort of dodginess
* If your marketing team wants to use this list as cheap advertising,
please see www.securityfocus.com for a banner ad or two. :)

If you have any queries regarding why a post has not been accepted, please
e-mail me at vanderaj @ greebo.net. I am a net junkie - I will generally
turn around posts received within 24 hours. However, please realize that I
am UTC+10, so I might be asleep when you post :)

If you wish to unsubscribe or change your subscription options, please
review your subscription options here:

http://www.securityfocus.com/archive

thanks,
Andrew