WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: (webrute) How to list all the URLs on a web server

From: "Evans, Arian" <Arian.Evans () fishnetsecurity com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:35:40 -0600

Sakaba,

Lyal is correct,

http://www.cirt.dk/tools/webrute.txt is what you need
based upon your problem description.

Perl scripts with regex strings, essentially what webrute
is doing, will work as well.

If the application accesses the files *via* the webserver,
the filenames will likely be in the logs, as most webservers
log full URL by default.

I have seen this before as well, where data was batched
in files--either due to memory use limitations or failure
to understand delegation of privilege on the MS platform.

In either case, it's an insecure practice.

If there is unauthenticated write access, one can also
demonstrate file mod, file deletion, and DoS by filling
all available disk through arbitrary file upload.

Based upon your scenario description, many of the other
tools suggestions (e.g.-Nikto, Paros, etc.) will not
help you w/out customization, and then you might as well
just use a scripting language with strong HTTP support
and write your own queries.

Arian