WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: web application audit ideas needed

From: exon <exon () home se>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 10:23:17 +0100

learn lids wrote:
hi everyone

i am a newbie to this filed of webappsec. for a
research project, i am looking at source audit of web
app. it has activex components etc.
what all sould be covered vis-a-vis security
prespective? could someone maybe throw some ideas for
apps which I can cover for my practice - maybe a good
meduim sized open source app ?

Good open source apps don't use Active X. Partly because it (Active X) is a flawed concept, and partly because most open source coders aren't particularly fond of MS and have no wish to write code that won't work with other open source apps.

Your best bet would probably be scanning the university projects for someone who has done roughly the same before (and maybe written their own for an example).

/exon