WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: (secure email) Proposal to anti-phishing

From: "Eric McCarty" <eric () piteduncan com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:25:46 -0800

One example would be using PGP encrypted e-mail. If the mail is not
encrypted with a trusted key, instant drop/deny.

Your right, managing this would be tough but there are dedicated staffs
which maintain Keys, Address Lists and oversee the approval/denial of
potential senders based off their need to communicate with the
organization. If you think about it, you usually have the people you
need to communicate with in your address lists, so denying messages from
senders not in your Address list would not result in losing any e-mail.

The problem with phishing is not (imnsho) corporate users, its home
users who don't know any better. The only solution to phishing is
education, simple as that.

Or we could unplug the internet?. =P