WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Antwort: Re: PHP Easter Eggs

From: Carsten Kuckuk <ck () rib de>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:34:34 +0100

It's a different code path that has been added to PHP, and it's one that
isn't used frequently, so it is to be considered inherently unsafe untill
proven otherwise.

if(EasterEggConditionMet())
   PerformEasterEggCode()
else
  PerformNormalCode()

See the problem? The Easter Egg Code hasn't been tested yet. How will it
react to variable injections? Extremely long parameters? Cookies? Post
instead of Get? Does the picture trigger a buffer overflow on some
esoteric platform? Can the Easter Egg HTML code in the server be replaced
by something else through another PHP hole and then send attacking HTML
code to unsuspecting visitors?

Harrison Gladden <hgladden () gmail com>
30.11.2004 03:40
Bitte antworten an Harrison Gladden