WebApp Sec mailing list archives

new opensource security system product launched

From: arun balaji <randover () randover com>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 12:28:25 +0530

dear sir

- ---
about me
- --------------
i am arun balaji

i am 21 years old and i am from india.
- --------
where the idea came from
- --------------------
i and a friend( mark herbert- www.niimki.com) of mine from us developed
a data authentication method for use in credit card transactions as a
payment gateway.

my friend didnt want any money for this authentication system.

but i wanted to give it a full shot and i got a us provisional patent in
july of this year.

now after a lot of thinking i have decided to make it open source.
- ---------------
the application- randover
- --------------
its very very simple

normally all that a hacker needs to know about a user is 3 or 4 fields
of data

1st is user id
2nd is password

what i and my friend were trying to do was use a field which can be
universal and all pervasive..

that led to us thinking of using all the fields in the database

we then thought what if we can ask a random question from all the fields
in the database.

this makes our system the worlds first user configurable security system
for use in the web.

its very simple easy to use and develop and can be used as a standalone
system or along with existing applications

see http://sourceforge.net/projects/randover/
and http://www.randover.com for more details

would love to know about what you and the security community thinks of my idea as a whole.

bye
arun balaji
founder inventor and owner (randover.com)