WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: (@) aspx applictions SQL Injection

From: "Don Tuer" <don.tuer () cgi com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 10:26:12 -0400

You should tell them to change all their SQL commands to use stored
procedures and Parameters collections. I "think" it's easier to do in
ADO.NET.

"If you use the Parameters collection, no matter what a malicious user
includes as input, the input is treated as a literal. An additional
benefit of using the Parameters collection is that you can enforce type
and length checks. Values outside of the range trigger an exception.
This is a healthy example of defense in depth"

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetse
c/html/SecNetch12.asp