WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: SQL Injection data retrieving??

From: Roland Despins <roland2004 () romandie com>
Date: 13 Sep 2004 06:26:47 -0000

if it is your app as you said, wouldnt you then know if:

I assume that "__big_field" is the name of the databse?
Right?

was indeed your own application's db name? : )

Yes probalby! but I'm doing this for the compagny where I work. We are simulating a "realworld case". (I mean i'm like
the bad hacker outside on the net trying to break into our application without any knowledge)

The guys here are not too woried about security, I've discover that ou application is vulnerable to SQL injection and
I'm trying to build some sort of "exploit" in order to show them how simple it is to get data out of our database! So
they might consider security from a other point of view...

Roland