WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Web Scams

From: "Ronald Smith" <Ronald.Smith () assurant com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:10:08 -0500

try the Internet fraud and complaint center
http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

"Lawrence, Michael" <MLawrence () soroc com> 8/25/2004 5:05:18 PM >>>
Who other then the local autorities, does someone report a e-mail scam?
I have received two now claiming to be from E-bay. The funny thing is I
do not use e-bay at work, nor do I use my work e-mail for it. (which is
where it was sent).
The scam asks for all the information required for identity theft. (sin
number, bank acount info, credit card info, e-bay information).
Any input would be great. This e-mail has appeared in a couple of
co-worker's inboxes.

Mike

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, forwarding or other use of
this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this message and all copies and backups thereof.

Thank you.