WebApp Sec mailing list archives

query: switching b/n secure and non-secure mode

From: Rufoo <rufoo2001 () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 02:36:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
For an applications that I regularly use, today on a
Win XP, I got this warning popup from IE that said I
am switching from a secure site to a non-secure one.
It seems IE has an option 'warn when switching between
secure and non secure mode', and it turns out that it
is ON by default. I checked out with a bunch of guys
as this option is on their machines, and all of them
have it OFF and no one recalls when they turned it
OFF. Neither do I.

Does anyone know more about this option? If installing
any service packs turns it off or something like that?

Thanks
~r