WebApp Sec mailing list archives

IE/Windows 2003 Server and Proxy Authentication

From: Ghost <pplanetmars () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:08:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I have a machine running IE 6.0/Windows 2003 Server
and a proxy srever running Squid. I cannot get access
to the Internet via the proxy when it is set to
authenticate. I get a "Page cannot be displayed
error". I did a bit of snooping around and discovered
that the packet sent by the browser to the proxy after
it gets an "Authentication Required" from the proxy
has an incorrect checksum (according to ethereal) and
also a duplicate ACK somewhere. Without authentication
everything is fine. All other clients not running
Windows 2003 Server are doing fine.

Has anyone been in this situation before? How do I get
out of it, please?

Thank you.

Arnold

=====
Sometimes it rains on the just. I believe that.
Sometimes it rains on the unjust. I believe that too.
Sometimes it just rains,
Neither God nor belief nor justice has anything to do with it.

The great thing about suicide is that it is not one of those things you have to do now or you loose your chance.  I
mean, you can always do it later.