WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: [PHP] CSRF attack not possible in I.E. 6.01 SP1?

From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita () fcc ro>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 22:57:17 +0300

Why is so important if Internet Explorer allows URLS of images where the
file name is only .jpg, .png, or .gif?

A url can be something like:

http://www.site.com/script.php/image.jpg?logout=true

Internet Explorer might think that the file is a .jpg and that script.php is
a directory but only the target web server knows which is the program.
Or a PHP code might be contained in a "image.jpg" file.

Teddy

Teddy