WebApp Sec mailing list archives

penproxy accessing javascript?

From: Mads Rasmussen <mads () opencs com br>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 16:13:24 -0300

I have come across several webpages where some calculations were done in javascript, like cryptography or routines to handle the virtual keyboard, broadly used in internet banking here in Brazil (if someone wants me to explain the idea I will do)

When doing analysis it crossed my mind to look for some kind of penproxy with the capability of evaluating the javascript code. Imagine a trojan installing a local proxy for the browser and then evaluating the javascripts it sees for a specific site, if it does crypto it can see the key, if it handles the virtual keyboard it will see the passwords entered on the keyboard.

I had another look at webscarab, what is the java bean stuff about? it doesn't seem to do what I want though

Anyone knows of one?

Regards,

Mads