WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: successful anonymous login

From: "Yvan Boily" <yboily () seccuris com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:11:45 -0500

I would go through all of your policies on the 2k3 server and ensure that
all anonymous access is locked down.  I would also manually peruse the
services running on the system and disable anything you do not need.  Be
careful not to do this on a production box; remember that sometimes
hardening checklists can render a system inoperable (for your purposes)

2003 is better than most NTOS platforms, however it still has a few things
that concern me (but I am overly paranoid).