WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Growing Bad Practice with Login Forms

From: "Lane Weast" <lweast () leeclerk org>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:26:24 -0400

I think the point is that you have to enter your password in the non
secured page (http:) and unless you view the code you don't actually
know if it is going to be submitted secure (https:), so should we tell
our non technical users.. Only use your password on pages that are
secured. You can tell a page is secured by the https: and by the lock
that indicates a secure connection.
Except where it is secure but doesn't have HTTPS and a lock.

Yah.. That will go over real well... :p

Lane