WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: key material

From: "Greg Kilford" <greg_kilford () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:14:09 -0600

Our discussion of A is as a generic bit stream of assumingly random nature from an arbitrary source, eg. mouse movements, etc. But seriously speaking, it could be anything. More importantly, what size of A would suffice in seeding the PRNG sufficiently for the output stream O after the seeding would be of sufficient entropy for RSA 1024/2048 modulo key materials. Some of us are inclined to believe A should be of size/length 1024/2048 bits before the PRNG is seeded sufficiently while a few of my pals are suggesting 64/128 or even 192 bits would suffice. Very disparate gut feelings...