WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: ASP security in HTML pages

From: Harrison Gladden <linuxguru80 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:50:40 -0700 (PDT)

The replies still stand.  The only way the unprocessed
asp page will make it to the client is if there is a
"fatal" flaw/misconfiguration of the IIS server.
Otherwise all request for the file via the http web
server will be processed by the asp dll engine.
However if you request the file via ftp or something
of the sort then yes you will get the unprocesses code
back from the server.

~Harrison
--- Bénoni_MARTIN <Benoni.MARTIN () libertis ga> wrote:
Well, it seems I have not been very shape in my last
posting. I know ASP code is executed on the server's
side, and not in the client's browser (it will just
receive the results of the scriting).

But if a client requests "toto.asp", despite of if
it will receive the "toto.asp" WITHOUT the ASP
scripts, the server has a "full toto.asp" WITH the
asp scripts. So my question was: as the server has
in his directory this "full toto.asp", is there a
way to get the "full toto.asp" from the server?