WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: encryption over the web

From: Sam <nopedial () 6core it>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:41:43 +0200

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 17:48:04 +1000
"OPTUSBYS" <bysoo1 () optusnet com au> wrote:

Hi there,

If I were to enable encryption security for authorized people to access my
web page, how many implementation options there are available?

Is SSL the only option to think of?

Thank you.

Regards,
Seeker

Hi there,
I could suggest you to use https.Apache webserver in Linux applications,
has its https implementation using openSSL.Some versions were affected by
remote buffer overflow exploitation using fake certified,but now it has
been patched and ensured.It's the best way I could suggest you.Most secure
website as virtual banks,paypal donate and on use this kind of technology
for increase sensible data security.
Best regards,
Sam
  network administrator and ipv6 provisioning @ http://www.6core.it