WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Web App URL Scanner

From: "Dawes, Rogan (ZA - Johannesburg)" <rdawes () deloitte co za>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:20:34 +0200

cat list | while read i ; do
  echo $i
  (echo "GET $i HTTP/1.0 "
   echo "Host: ${server}:${port}"
   echo ) nc -v ${server} ${port} | head -1
done | tee mylogfile

Where:
 list is a file containing the list of URL's that you would like to test for
 $server is the name or IP address of the server under test (preferably the
name)
 $port is the port on which the server is running (typically 80)
 mylogfile is a file to write the results into

If the server is an SSL server, you can use openssl instead of netcat, with
a command line like

  echo ) | openssl s_client -connect ${server}:${port} -ign_eof | head -1

in the appropriate place.

How you build the list of paths is entirely up to you.

It may be worth using a proxy tool such as WebScarab
(http://www.owasp.org/development/webscarab) to get an idea of exactly what
paths currently exist, so that you can construct your list more accurately.

Eventually, I hope to build this kind of functionality into WebScarab, but
it is not there yet.

Rogan